Monday, June 27, 2005

Getting things done

Seems like this is a week for getting things done that have been outstanding for a while in my world. I've been fixing things and installing things and catching up on things that have just taken a back seat for a while. Maybe I'm 'nesting' in preperation for this 'new' job. Among others, I finally added some pictures to my website. The last time I'd added any was after Camden's first birthday back in 2004. He's about to be 2 on July 31st so I figured this might be a good time to fill in the gaps. I know I suck. Of course it having been so long since I used my gallery, nothing worked properly, so fixing that added to the laundry list.

How badass is it that you can order parts for pretty much anything you've every purchased from Sears? We've had an elliptical machine for probably close to 2 years now which has been noisy from day one, with play in the pedals. I guess that should have been a sign that it wouldn't last too long because, well... it didn't. I took it apart this weekend when the newly-developed squeaking became unbearable, only to find that the bearings that surround the main axle have worn a sizeable groove in the axle itself. Judging by the size of the groove, I'd say those bearings never worked. Piece of crap. Anyways, $100 later parts are on their way and in all honesty, as much as I hate that damn thing, I'll feel pretty good if I get it all back together and it works like it should, all silent and 'tight'. I just wish I could be as optimistic at the chances of our washing machine being repaired. Maybe I should just bolt that fucking thing to the floor. That'd stop it moving halfway across the room during the spin cycle.
Post a Comment